Five Teen Stars Who Went from Small Time to Big Time
Today’s teen stars weren’t always stars. These teen celebrities made it to Hollywood from humble beginnings:
- Justin Bieber In 2007, Justin Bieber’s mom started posting videos of seven-year-old Bieberís performances so that family and friends could watch. His big break came when the marketing executive of So So Def Recordings clicked on one of Bieber’s videos by accident.
- Selena Gomez Selena Gomez, 19, grew up in Grand Prairie, Texas. Another child of a single mother, Gomez got her start with a two-year run for the TV show ìBarney and Friends.î
- Dakota Fanning Hannah Dakota Fanning landed her first commercial at the age of five. Although her rise to fame was fast after appearing in the movie ìI Am Samî in 2001, Fanning still finds time to take educational courses at NYU’s Gallatin School of Independent Study.
- Vanessa Hudgens Vanessa Hudgens’s family relocated from Salinas, California, to Los Angeles so Selena could pursue her passion for acting, starring in local productions. In 2002, Hudgens got her first professional job as Noel in ìThirteen.î
- Taylor Swift Taylor Swift turned down two major record label contracts because she insisted on writing and singing all of her own material. She made it as an indie songwriter in 2006, when ìTaylor Swiftî sold more than 2.5 million copies.